Rivet Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rivet Roleplay

Rivet Roleplaying Community

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
PALADINT, THE ASSWOP
Reformation of the rules. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 2:21 pm by BITCH ASS NIGGER
PALADINT IS A ASSWOP:
LIKE HIM http://maaadddog.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/rainbow_fag.jpg

Comments: 1
New Piece of Content
Reformation of the rules. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 4:04 pm by Kestrel

Some new content

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GQ77UEJT

Comments: 0
Imporatant! How to access and View PM's!
Reformation of the rules. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 11:54 pm by BITCH ASS NIGGER
The old button have dissapeared so here is the link to the personal Inbox.

https://rivetroleplay.rpg-board.net/privmsg?folder=inbox

Server Location Changing
Reformation of the rules. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 8:17 pm by Kestrel
Hello People
I am here to Inform you about relocating the HL2RP server to other host.
The host we have now will get FNV RP.
new host IP will be 188.138.0.143:27027

Greets
RTRP Team

Comments: 2
Just to inform you all!
Reformation of the rules. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 8:32 am by Kodex
Hi, I just want to tell that I'm not such a random guy, who came in here to get super admin. I'll be hosting servers, if you need any. So that's why I got super admin, if you want to have a look at the server specs, just scroll down, it's below.
I'm sure this server is good enough to hold like 40-60 players without crashing, the specs are awesome.

Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX200 with

Intel D2786 …

Comments: 3
New start HL2RP
Reformation of the rules. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 6:59 pm by Kestrel
Thinking of starting HL2RP over again, fresh SQL base
because some thinks went fucked.
to fast promotions, give away ranks.
we going to do new one.

VOTE FOR IT ON POLL

Comments: 1
Changing from RRP to RTRP.
Reformation of the rules. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 5:39 pm by PetruZ
We will now change from RRP to RTRP due to another clan forcing us to change cause of they having the same tag as us (RRP). We will change to RTRP, not a big change, you all have to deal with it.

Thank you.

-RTRP

Changing Gamemode and Map
Reformation of the rules. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 9:07 pm by Kestrel
Hey People, Mac and me agreed to start HL2RP now in place of FNV
The map is City11_night
Its in the HL2RP content pack.

Have fun on it!

MPF, UCA and SCN applications are opened up now.
and CWU: Who's first has 90% change to get Headmaster!

HL2RP Content Pack!!!
Reformation of the rules. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 4:53 pm by Kestrel
So here is for so long the Content Pack
More will be added, need to sort it our first

Map:
http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=82873

Latest topics
» PALADINT, THE ASSWOP
Reformation of the rules. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 7:11 pm by Kestrel

» My last post, Resignation.
Reformation of the rules. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 4:46 pm by BITCH ASS NIGGER

» Mark Holme
Reformation of the rules. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 4:37 pm by Chaos

» New Piece of Content
Reformation of the rules. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 4:04 pm by Kestrel

» Post Videos Here
Reformation of the rules. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 8:49 am by 1231

» A letter to the Civil Workers Union.
Reformation of the rules. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 8:37 am by 1231

» Still working on it
Reformation of the rules. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 3:30 am by Chaos

» Scanner application.
Reformation of the rules. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 4:10 pm by PetruZ

» DeathOverWorld 'p' flag application.
Reformation of the rules. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 12:01 am by PetruZ

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Rivet Roleplay on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Rivet Roleplay on your social bookmarking website

Reformation of the rules.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DOW

Reformation of the rules. Empty
PostSubject: Reformation of the rules.   Reformation of the rules. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:56 pm

Thanks to PetruZ for this re-post Very Happy

GENERAL RULES
1. Round based roleplay.
Alright, the round based roleplay basically means you take rounds instead of "who is first with /me" idea. That is stupid and completely fucked up method, since people have different kind of keyboards and typing skills. Everyone must get chance to react no matter how quick they type. Rounds work as following:

Person 1 attempts to punch Person 2.

Now, here if Person 2 doesn't even attempt to evade the attack, you don't need to roll. Person 2 must explain what he does and how he attempts to evade the attack.

Person 2 attempts to bend down, moving away from Person 1's fist.

Person 1 has rolled 55/100
Person 2 has rolled 76/100

Now, the one who HAD MADE THE PUNCH (Person 1) must explain in /it what happened to Person 1 as he missed. Person 2 already explained that he bends down and moves away.

/it As Person 2 evades Person 1's fist he instantly places his balance on his left foot, moving it in front of himself and regaining balance.

Now, Person 2 has turn to react as Person 1 has just gained balance from the attack.

Person 2 attempts to rush towards Person 1 and knock him over with his shoulder.

Notice KNOCK OVER. Not knock out. I will explain details later. However, here is perfect chance to perform a counter-move, since Person 2 is not using much wits and carefulness in this situation, Person 1 could easily raise his knee at Person 2's face.

Person 1 attempts to dash away, moving his knee in front of Person 2's face.

Now, Person 2 must decide whether to keep on attacking, or attempt to stop the attack. EXAMPLE 1:

Person 2 runs even faster, attempting to jump a bit in order to evade Person 1's knee.

Now, here Person 2 keeps attacking, instead of stopping. He must roll higher than opponent to win this.

Person 2 rolls 42/100.
Person 1 rolls 45/100

Person 2 runs into Person 1's knee and falls down on his face.

Here Person 2 loses his turn in this /me, as he falls down on his face. He spends his turn here, and Person 1 may react now.

Person 1 attempts to kick Person 2 as he is on the ground.

And the roleplay would continue, however, I will show you EXAMPLE 2:

Person 2 notices Person 1's knee and attempts to stop and straighten up himself.

Now this is situation where Person 1 cannot affect Person 2's action as he is too far away, Person 2 must roll over 50 since it depends only on his, AND ONLY ON HIS, skills, actions and luck.

Person 2 rolls 56/100.

Person 2 has managed to stop himself and straighten up, looking at Person 1 and getting ready for attack.

And roleplay would continue. Now, on to the next point...

2. /me, one action miracle.
Alright, I've seen couple people do horrible /me's. I'll show few bad examples of /me.

/me attempts to kick the man and run away.

So, what's wrong with this? Anybody? Yes, it has two BAD mistakes which would get you banned in San Andreas Roleplay. First off, you're doing several actions in one '/me'. It is powergaming. These two actions are kicking, and running away. Second thing, running away doesn't and CAN'T be rolled. If you want to run away, you must do '/me rushes off into a run.' and wait for the opposite character to stop typing or whatever he is doing. After he's done that, you begin to run as fast and where-ever you wish to.

If this situation happens, the opposite player chasing you has permission to shoot/hit you with anything he wishes if he can. With Shoot to Miss and Shoot to Wound of course. This allows players to realistically catch running players, since it is impossible to type a '/me' while opponent is running away.

So I'd suggest that each player is allowed to do only ONE ACTION in each '/me'.

3. Knocking out a person.
This is one of the worst things happening on the server right now. When you do '/me attempts to knock the man out.' you're powergaming. You're doing more than five or six hits with ONE '/me', which is simply doing multiple actions in one single '/me' (read 2). If you wish to knock out, you must do at least five consecutive attacks in order to knock out (decluding fist, since it is not possible to knock out with fist as easily).

4. Pain and how it affects you?
Alright, the least of the problems but the most spread one is failure to roleplay Pain realistically. I've been MPF for only few days now, and I've already met six civilians (and one someone else.. xD) who couldn't Pain RP. The case is this; I hit him with his stunstick and right after I managed to do that, he attempts to stab me with his knife. WHAT THE HELL!? In real life, when you get tazed you really can't even move your leg for almost five seconds. We visited local police training station in here, Finland, and we got chance to feel tazer which was decreased to half of the normal electricity. It was hell of a shock and even after half an hour, I wasn't able to use my hand accurately. This needs to be changed, INSTANTLY. When you're being hit by a stick, stone, rock, knife, stunstick, pistol, assault rifle or rocket... YOU... MUST.. ROLEPLAY.. GETTING.. HURT!!! Got it? When you do, the opponent usually gets the turn. (See 1.)

Last edited by DOW on Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:54 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Re-posted.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reformation of the rules.   Reformation of the rules. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 3:01 pm

The current KING roll+, Is 100+, Means unbeatable, or almost. Atleast i was told by Kestrel so.
Back to top Go down
DOW

PostSubject: Re: Reformation of the rules.   Reformation of the rules. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 3:02 pm

Xarec wrote:
The current KING roll+, Is 100+, Means unbeatable, or almost. Atleast i was told by Kestrel so.

I didn't quite get what you meant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reformation of the rules.   Reformation of the rules. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 3:10 pm

Not sure what i ment myself either o.O
Back to top Go down
Purel33t

PostSubject: Re: Reformation of the rules.   Reformation of the rules. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 7:23 pm

ZOMG, you might get dangerous if you can't control you acts and behavior, how could you not understand what you self have written!? Very Happy And as well, it is unbeatable. You are not able to roll more then 100. But by now I think they have changed it down to 30 or something, which is good, according to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reformation of the rules.   Reformation of the rules. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reformation of the rules.
Page 1 of 1